Hay fever? Itchy eyes, runny nose, rashes? It must be Spring!
Homeopathy is a practice that involves giving you, the patient, minute doses of treatments that produce the same symptoms as the ones that you are trying to relieve. Doing so helps to stimulate your body's own natural immune system to help fight off the allergy and resulting symptoms.
Did you know that homeopathic remedies are a prominent choice for allergy sufferers? They are effective for all ages without negative side effects. Homeopathic medicines for allergies are targeted to specific concerns, from pollen to pet dander, and they address underlying causes of symptoms. Nasal & throat sprays, fast dissolving tablets, and eye drops are all effective. They work by exposing the body to a highly-diluted dose of an allergen, which helps the immune system recognize the substance as harmless. There are many homeopathic medicines used different types of allergies.Lets understand in short what allergy is and what Homeopathy has instore for all the possible allergies.
What is an allergy?
An allergy is a catch-all word for a wide variety of reactions to substances that the body determines to be foreign. Anything that it does not recognize as itself can be considered an allergen. When the body encounters a foreign substance, it reacts by making antibodies or releasing certain chemicals called histamines. When histamines and other substances are released into the system, they cause an inflammatory reaction we call an allergy.
Symptoms commonly produced include itching and watery eyes, runny and congested nose and sinuses, sneezing, respiratory symptoms, headache, skin reactions and rapid heart beat. Other symptoms may include fatigue, intestinal gas or pain, abdominal bloating and mood changes.
Natural environmental substances: Mold, spores, pollen from trees, flowers and grasses, dust (actually dust mites), animal hairs and insects are common substances that normally produce upper respiratory symptoms (allergies ) in sensitive individuals. These allergy producing substances may cause itching, redness and fluid (water & mucous) may affect the eyes, throat, nose, sinuses, bronchial tubes, and lungs.
Foods: Any food may be an allergen. The most common are wheat, milk, eggs, com, yeast coffee and chocolate. These may affect most body systems, with the gastrointestinal, nervous, respiratory and skin areas affected the most when allergies occur.
Chemicals: Both environmental chemicals and food additives can cause allergy reactions, such as pesticides, chemical sprays, hydrocarbons, and hundreds of others. Tobacco also contains many allergens
Other factors that may lead to allergies
- Eating habits during the first year of life may impact a baby's allergy sensitivities.
* Feeding babies solid food too early
* Lack of breast feeding
* Gluten allergies from too early of feeding grains such as corn, wheat and oats
- Poor digestion increases allergies.
* Improper chewing
* Poor hydrochloric acid in the stomach
* Lack of pancreatic enzymes and bile
* Excessive fluid intake around meals
- The presence of parasites, worms, candida albicans, and other bacteria may increase allergies.
* Emotional & mental anxiety and fatigue all increase the susceptibility to allergies.
* Menstrual stress (hormone changes) also seem to increase allergic reactions.
- Environmental Toxicity
* Food additives, certain food colors, sulfates, MSG, etc., may contribute to allergies.
- Low nutritional levels
* Particularly Vitamins C, A, and E, and many minerals help reduce allergies.
- Excess or repeated contact with particular foods and substances
* Eating the same food over and over again may indicate the presence of an allergy.
* Eating foods that are "craved" - these may be the ones that cause the most allergies.
What to eat to eliminate some allergies
- Lots of water
- Fruit juices, except citrus
- All vegetables except corn & tomatoes
- Brown or white rice
- White Fish: halibut, sole, swordfish (no shellfish)
- Almonds, walnuts or sunflower seeds
Nutritional help for allergies
- Vitamin C and bioflavonoids, Vitamins A & E, and Zinc
- Gamma Linolenic Acid (GLA)
- Intestinal detoxification: good colon cleansing products that contain high fiber
- Garlic, as fresh as possible
- Cayenne pepper
Homeopathic Remedies for Allergies:-
Sanquinaria Canadesis (Blood Root) 6X Blood root can be helpful in treating allergy symptoms as chronic runny nose, headache, facial pain, coughing, or a dry throat.
Sabadilla (cevadilla seed) 6X. Sabadilla seed is excellent or sneezing, dry nose, red eyes, pressure, dry coughs, and a sore throat.
Euphrasia (eyebright) 6XThis homeopathic remedy is a great treatment for the symptoms of a watery nasal discharge and watering eyes. Patients who experience their most severe symptoms while lying down, in the morning, or while they are outside in the air will be aided the most by this remedy.
Selenium. Selenium helps to stimulate the immune system responds and protect cellular membranes.
Green Tea Extract. Green tea is helpful in fighting off the allergy symptoms.
Histaminum. Histaminum is usually given in small amounts to help the body fight off the allergies and the associated symptoms.
Thuja occidentatis (Arbor Vitae) 6X.Arbor vitae is helpful in treating a green nasal discharge, headache, runny nose, and sinusitis that is associated with allergies.
NOTE: Any information given above is not intended to be taken as a replacement for medical advice. Therefore, it is very important that the patients should avoid self-treatment and rather consult the most abled and qualified classical homoeopath and take the treatment under his /her proper guidance and advice.