Over weekends, you will agree we all like to have some special food to enjoy family time. Last weekend, rather than buying frozen nuggets I decided to bake some drumsticks. I like experimenting with chicken because it beautifully adapts with a myriad of flavors. You add orange juice or mango or garam masala or whatever you can think of and chicken, like a sponge will absorb and blend with it to make a delectable dish.
So here is how I cooked the drumsticks. Go ahead and feel free to try different ingredients to personalize it.
Drumsticks – 6 nos
Soya Bean Sauce – 2 tbspn
Garlic Powder – ½ tspn
Chili Powder – 1 tspn
Pepper Powder – 1 tspn
Alcohol – 1 Tbspn
Oil - 1 - 2 tspn
Salt - to taste ( I did not add any because the soya bean sauce I have with me is quite salty, so if you are adding a sauce add salt with caution)
1. Add all the ingredients and marinate the chicken for at least two hours.
2. Line a dish with oil and set aside
3. Preheat oven to 350 degree F/ 180 degree C and bake chicken for 20 – 30 minutes. Time of cooking depends upon your oven so adjust accordingly.
4. 10 - 15 minutes through the cooking time check the chicken. Take the dish out and baste it (pour the juices and oil over the chicken) and flip the pieces to ensure both sides are equally browned.
5. Continue cooking.
6. Once chicken is cooked remove pan from the oven and add the alcohol, I added whiskey. You will hear the sizzling noise and an aroma is imparted which will definitely have your mouth watering.
Serve with pickled chili's, onions and tomatoes. This works well as a starter or make it a full meal by having some cooked vegetables with it.