Keema Matar (Vegetarian)
This dish is made with minced meat and peas originally. But to make a vegetarian version I substituted minced meat with Soya Granule… It came out really good and was very easy to make… had it with homemade curd and thin chapatis…
This quantity will serve 2 ppl…
Soya Granules: 1/2 Cup
Water: 1/2 Cup
Milk: 1/2 Cup
Boiled/Frozen Peas: 1/2 Cup
Chopped Onions: 1 1/2 Medium
Chopped Tomato: 2 Medium
Chopped Garlic: 4-5 Cloves
Oil: 2-3 Tbsp
Red Chilly Powder: to taste
Salt: to taste
Garam Masala Powder: 1/2 Tsp
Dry mango powder (amchur): 1/2 Tsp
- Mix water and milk in a bowl and soak soya granules in it for 10 – 15 mins.
- Heat oil in a pan, add chopped onions and cook till golden brown.
- Add garlic and fry for 1/2 min.
- Then add garam masala and red chilly powder and again fry for 1/2 min.
- Now add chopped tomatoes and cook for 4-5 mins on low flame.
- When the tomatoes are done add soya granules.
- Cook till the water and milk is completely evaporated… continue cooking for 2-3 mins after that so that granules are fried nicely.
- Then add peas, salt and amchur powder mix well and cook for another 2-3 mins.
- Serve hot… with chapati…